Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Drawings, n'est pas?

I haven't drawn anything in about two years. The only subjects I am capable of drawing are people. According my artist friends, people are the hardest things to draw. Mind you, I draw somewhat decently. I might get back into it this summer. I just need a good subject to draw.

Scarlett Johansson was the first person I ever attempted to draw. As you can see, I can't do shit with hands. It's screwy but I got an A on it in my art class.

I'm quite proud of my Quentin Tarantino. My art teacher loved it and had it hung at the district office, which was amusing to me since this man makes a living making movies about people killing each other in cold blood with dialogue infused with the word "fuck" every other word. The ear could have been done a lot better.

A friend of mine who resides in Austin, TX. I had to do a drawing of a friend for a project, and felt comfortable drawing someone hundreds of miles away from me. That, and it's nice drawing someone who bares a strong resemblance to Clive Owen. He liked it so much he put it as his profile pic on his Myspace (This was back in 2007). I have the least amount of qualms with this drawing, but obviously it still needs a lot of work.

I drew this back in my freshman year of college. I was obsessed with Ian Curtis. Still kinda am. Too bad my scanner is fucking cheap--makes the drawing look worse than it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work by http://horsefeeders.blogspot.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.